Thursday, December 15, 2011

A Year In Review - Part 1

Wow! Christmas is almost here again.  It's been a year and a half since I started my blog and set out to show the world what I can do.  Well, life got in the way and I have not done much with this blog.  That's about to change! My "New Year's Resolution" is to share with the world what I looooooove to do...make cards!  It's fun, exciting, and I love to see what others create.

Although I have not been blogging much this year, I have made several cards and invitations.  I'm proud of my designs and I hope you will like them too!


First up: Valentine's Day - I made these cards for family and friends.  They really enjoyed receiving them, I and really enjoyed making them just the same. 

Signed, sealed, delivered, I'm Yours


Valentine Rose Card
 
Simply Cute Valentine Card

Second to none: My mom's birthday - My mom was blessed to celebrate another year in her life and I had to make her a card to show her how much I care.  She has always supported me in all of my endeavors and most importantly, she loves me.  This was just a small token of my appreciation.


"A Rose for a Rose" Birthday Card

This one is from my four year old nephew to his Nana (my mom).  Of course, he had lots of help from me.



Up Next
: Graduation - A friend of mine was graduating from the University of Houston with a Masters Degree in Sociology.  This was a milestone in her life and she definitely wanted to share it with all of her family and friends.  She asked me to make her invitations and I was glad to oblige.  My friend was very pleased with the results.  Don't they look nice?!




On to the next: Mother's Day - As we all know, this is the day we set aside to honor our mothers, grandmothers, aunts and other women who have taken on the role of a mother in our lives. That is why I took time to get everything just right. What do you think?


"Mom" Mother's Day Card
"Beautiful Mom" Mother's Day Card

 Moving OnYou Are Appreciated - I bought some new stamps, and I was excited to use them.  This particular one I was playing around with made me think of my co-worker. She is a really great person.  She's smart, strong, gives great advice, and funny too.  That's when I decided to make her a card using this stamp.  Needless to say, she was happy to receive it and I was happy to put a smile on her face.  In this day and time, people need to know that they are appreciated.  Who do you appreciate?



I hope you have enjoyed what I have posted so far.  It's getting late and I will post part two in the next couple of days.  Until that time, be creative in all you do! 

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back to blog land!!! Good to see you were still stamping while you were gone :) - Great bunch of cards!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. all these cards are beautiful-you are very talented! so glad you are posting again! keep up the great work

    ReplyDelete